Click here to download ExiftoolGUI v5.16Click here to see GUI manual
, or here for metadata related articles
.New: How to add tags into Workspace
flash video (~1.6MB).ExifToolGUI v5.16, April 5,2015
ExifToolGUI v5.15, January 8,2013
- Bug fixed shifting some date/time values.
ExifToolGUI v5.14, June 5,2012
- Bug fixed where sub-directories with names containing a dot could be processed when processing the parent directory.
ExifToolGUI v5.13, May 31,2012
- Bug fixed for Import GPS data from Log files -in all cases, files weren't geotagged and message "No file specified" was shown.
ExifToolGUI v5.12, May 24,2012
- Bug fixed for ExifTool direct: option -r (recursive) didn't work. I assume this happened after some of my work was lost because of disk failure.
ExifToolGUI v5.00, January 27,2012
- Bug fixed for Preferences option save Filelist Details state on exit.
Here it is: all new ExifToolGUI v5.
Few months ago, I didn't think there would ever be a reason for making new major GUI version. I mean, I only need to edit these few tags... But then (probably because I was boring), I tried using ExifTool's -stay_open
option from my code and as soon I succeeded, I knew, that's it -it would be a shame not using this in GUI.
Now, most users probably wouldn't even notice much difference, if that feature would be implemented into existing GUI, because all that stuff isn't visible -that is, it's running behind the scene. Thus, I decided to make new GUI, so user can see something and get some benefits. Truth? I've made it for me.
In short: GUIv5 doesn't introduce any new "capabilities", nor has suddenly become magic tool. I actually removed few things... and added some (so, bugs are expected as well).
Even GUI's appearance didn't changed much, I recommend reading manual! -see link above.
That's it... the last major GUI version.