Author Topic: write to wav audio files  (Read 1224 times)

Danne

write to wav audio files
« on: June 19, 2016, 10:28:05 AM »
Hi Phil!
I,ve been inserting ixml information to wav files with bwf metaedit but I now look for to being able to do the same with exiftool instead. I tried writing a piece of information from xml but command line says Error: Writing of WAV files is not yet supported.

Will you consider writing support for wav files?

My example goes like this
Code: [Select]
exiftool -xml+="<?xml version="\"1.0"\" encoding="\"UTF-8"\"?><BWFXML><IXML_VERSION>1.5</IXML_VERSION><PROJECT>Magic Lantern</PROJECT><NOTE></NOTE><CIRCLED>FALSE</CIRCLED><BLACKMAGIC-KEYWORDS></BLACKMAGIC-KEYWORDS><TAPE>1</TAPE><SCENE>1</SCENE><BLACKMAGIC-SHOT>1</BLACKMAGIC-SHOT><TAKE>1</TAKE><BLACKMAGIC-ANGLE>ms</BLACKMAGIC-ANGLE><SPEED><MASTER_SPEED>$FPS_1/1000</MASTER_SPEED><CURRENT_SPEED>$FPS_1/1000</CURRENT_SPEED><TIMECODE_RATE>$FPS_1/1000</TIMECODE_RATE><TIMECODE_FLAG>NDF</TIMECODE_FLAG></SPEED></BWFXML>" /Users/Daniel/Desktop/Myfiles/M04-0025_1_2015-12-04_0001_C0000.wav

Phil Harvey

• ExifTool Author
  • Administrator
  • ExifTool Freak
    • ExifTool Home Page
Re: write to wav audio files
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 09:53:21 PM »
It would be quite a bit of work adding write support for WAV files, and I don't know if the demand justifies this effort, but I'll note your request and maybe sometime in the future this feature could be added.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Danne

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 01:13:36 AM »
Thanks for listening and answering once again. Appreciated.
/D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:29:27 AM by Danne »

jdh

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 03:49:06 AM »
There is probably a bigger need for this than you realize for people / companies tagging sound effects libraries and sample libraries. Think it's a small market? $47.2M funding for the leader of the pack now (splice.com). $59M funding for the competition (sounds.com). These companies simply provide sounds that are tagged for use by musicians and sound designers. Many of the libraries are old and need desperately to be re-edited/tagged for consumption into todays DAM software. There are options out there to help with tagging files (all of which are quite outdated, slow and clunky). There is a business opportunity you're missing in providing a solution to make the process easy for people who need to catalog their sounds and move meta data around. Drop me a pm if you want to talk about it some more.

linuxline

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 05:49:06 PM »
Maybe a paid version for the .wav feature? I would purchase this feature if available. Thanks, Jeff

Phil Harvey

• ExifTool Author
  • Administrator
  • ExifTool Freak
    • ExifTool Home Page
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 09:50:02 PM »
Well, that's 3.  I'll move this request up.  But there is still a lot to do before I can get to it.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).